Your profile is a great way for others to learn more about you before they message you. When your profile is detailed, it helps others know that you're reliable and authentic—whether you're looking for a roommate or have a spare room for rent.
The more complete your profile is, the more views and messages you are likely to receive. It's required that at least one profile photo is of you. No buildings, animals, objects, landscapes, or anything else that isn't you.
We also encourage our users to reach out to others and introduce themselves.
Messaging other users:
When you see a listing you like you can send the user a message to let them know you are interested. The best messages include a little intro about yourself and tell what type of roommate you are.
Here's how you message other users:
- Click the listing that you're interested in
- Click Message under the user's profile photo
iOS and Android
- Tap the listing that you're interested in
- Tap Message
Make sure to turn on your notifications so you can reply right away when they get back to you!
Browsing roommates and finding a match:
The Browse Roommates feature helps you view people that are searching for a room or have an empty room available.
If you're on a free plan, you have a limited amount of roommate connections you can make in a day. For unlimited connections with roommates or tenants,
upgrade your account. (Pssst... upgrading comes with a ton of other perks.)
- Click on Find Roommates on the Top Left
- Browse through the roommates and click on a roommate you are interested in.
- Start a conversation
- Use filters to narrow down your search further by people offering a room, people looking for a roommate, region, gender, and more.
Tap Roommates from the menu at the bottom
Swipe right to favorite a roommate and swipe left to pass.
To view your favorite roommate list, click on Star on the Top Left
Interested in connecting with the user? Tap on the chat icon (see screenshot), to start a conversation.
You can also tap the filter icon in the top-right corner to select filters to narrow down your search further by people offering a room, people looking for a roommate, region, gender, and more.
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner (represented by three stacked horizontal lines)
- Tap Browse People. You can also tap the filter icon in the bottom-right corner to select filters to narrow down your search even further by movers, listers, region, budget, gender, last active date, age, verification, and more.
- Tap a user's profile that you're interested in and then tap Message
Still, need help? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be right with you.