Roomi's mission is to provide a safe and secure platform for you to find roommates. We give every user the option to verify their identity and complete a background check so others know they are speaking to a trusted individual. By completing both of these options, you greatly increase your chances of matching with a potential roommate as a badge will be displayed on your profile once each is completed.
Background checks are only available for Roomi users in the US
Background checks are non-refundable and expire after three months
We accept a passport, state-issued ID, or driver's license. NYC City ID cards are not accepted. Your ID must be valid and not expired.
For a complete list of terms, please visit our Background Check Policy here https://roomiapp.com/policies/background-checks
- Log in to your account from our homepage
- Click on your profile photo in the top right hand corner
- Click Profile
- Click Complete ID Verification or Get Background Checked under your photo on the left
- Tap More in the bottom right hand corner of the menu and the slide out menu will appear on the right.
- Tap your profile photo and you will see the options to Verify Your Identity and Get Background Checked underneath your profile photo
- Tap the menu icon (the icon represents three small bars stacked vertically) from the top left-hand corner to bring out the slide out menu.
- Tap your profile photo and you will see the options to Verify Your Identity and Get Background Checked underneath your profile photo.