Everyone’s safety during this pandemic is a priority - the virus has made many of our lives very challenging.
It is important that each of us take as many everyday preventative measures as we can to help stop the spread of the virus and keep each other safe especially meeting potential roommates.
Here are some recommendations:
- Use video messaging in place of in-person visits.
- Discuss shelter-in-place/quarantine/social distancing measures
- Limit in-person walk-through/visits to one or two potential roommate candidates
- Have a no-touch policy when meeting new roommates
- Disinfect after each potential roommate visit
- Discuss the needs of high-risk individuals in the household
And don’t forget:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 secs using soap and water.
- Cover your cough and sneezes with your sleeve or napkin.
- Use sanitizing wipes or use a household cleaner to clean frequently touched surfaces (i.e., doorknobs, tables, countertops, light switches)